About the Critique Me! category

Made something rad? Want eyeballs and earballs on it so you can get some helpful (constructive) critique?

This is the place to show off your work for feedback and critique. RocketJump employees troll through here all the time too, so if you’re looking for our thoughts, this is the place to post up!

Topic Titles

Your topic title is the name of your video. Period. You don’t have to say “critique my video!” 'cause you’re in #rocketjump-film-school:critique-me. Don’t put in weird click-baity stuff. Just use the title of your video.

Cool.

Cool, cool, cool.

About Your Content

We want everybody to have a good time in these here forums and not accidentally stumble into overly intense vibes, so if you’re going to post a video that has excessive violence, sexuality, drug use, etc., please add "(R-rated)" to the end of your topic name and mention in your post why you tagged it that way.

In short, if your film would be R-rated in theaters, call it “R Rated” in here too!

Do not post anything that would be NC-17 or above. Don’t post content with nudity.

Posting Videos

Our forum will automatically embed YouTube and Vimeo videos (and perhaps a few others) when you paste links into your posts. All you have to do is paste the video URL by itself on its own line!

Good:

This is a cool thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZStU4RRGYY

Neato!

Bad:

This is a cool thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZStU4RRGYY  Neato!

Marooned
My Friends Trailer
My Friends Trailers (The Link Didn't Show Up For The Last One)
Invisible Man short film + VFX breakdown
Wagon Tales Episode 1

I’m kinda proud of this one considering that we shot this for about an hour, but definitely not our best. Would be interesting to see feedback.

Thanks in advance

Short Film - Bully on Bully

I made this for my YouTube Channel, Would love some feedback. Any Suggestions?

Purpose - Short FIlm

Well done! It tells a story. That’s the most important thing.

I am still learning as well but here are some tips on what I saw. Maybe work on lighting, work on exposure when shooting, and mess with color grading… you have some nice cinematography in there. Nice rack focus on the flower as well! I love the vase character and how you filmed him turning around and shaking. The audio isnt bad either. Honestly just keep at it man. Great job! :sunglasses:

Hey all, this is the “About” thread for the category. If you want to put up your own stuff, create a new thread in-category! Don’t use this one.