Convince me to watch your favorite TV show

What it says on the tin. We all love TV shows, pick your favorite and persuade everyone to watch it. Make it compelling, tell me what you love and why! (If you ever wanted to post a giant essay on why Star Trek is the greatest ever cough @Lauren cough - this would be the place!)

I personally believe that Arrow should be watched because that is what I am watching now and it creates an amazing story line and gives light to one of the smaller DC characters that don’t always get seen. Apart from this though I could go on and on about hundreds of shows you should watch.

What do you love about the story line?

you should get that cough looked at Nick could be pretty bad later on haha but personally my favorite show right now with the new season starting last night is The Walking Dead!!! Zombies shocker i know and people complain its slow but not everyone who dies turn into a zombie so they won’t be completely roaming everywhere and it shows the struggles and drama left over from the normal world that the survivors have to deal with and struggle to survive and deal with those people who turn crazy or embrace the new world and even things as small as the flu can cause a HUGE problem for them so i highly recommend it

I like how there is mystery to it and not every episode is the same and even though Arrow is the good guy not everything is cut and dry for him and he can’t do it all by himself and not every episode is he always wins.

I also think the walking dead is great and have loved every minute of that show and jake you did a great job talking about it and your right its not like all the other Zombie shows

HAHAHA you knew exactly how to suck me in!!!

STAR TREK AND SAILOR MOON ARE THE BEST SHOWS EVER BECAUSE

1. STAR TREK EXPLORES AND QUESTIONS THE BEST AND WORST OF HUMANITY

2. SAILOR MOON IS LITERALLY THE MOST FEMINIST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED ON TV

3. COOL UNIFORMS ON BOTH

4. KLINGONS

5. GLITTERY SUPER POWERS

Edit because the new forums are not happy that I type in all-caps when I am excited :frowning:

Wow, I feel like a no-all-caps rule is just anti-Lauren discrimination.

And “literally the most feminist thing that has ever happened on tv” is a pretty compelling argument, I have to say.

you both world :stuck_out_tongue: hahaha but then you guys should probably not watch Mad Men… totally sexist

I have to jump in on this thread with the mighty Doctor Who?

I mean we all love a crazy brit speaking nonesense flying in a old police box through time

I wonder where i can buy me a TARDIS or a sonic screwdriver

personally Busi… I don’t and see no attraction to it so whatsoever so as the topic says please convince me

Jake

He is THE DOCTOR!
Hot female companions!
The show is easy to get into.
The show is smart
The show can be anything!
The Villains
The story is really great and well written.
The switch in who is the Doctor is well done.
And again he is THE DOCTOR!
and even after 50 years no one really knows the doctors real name
It’s been around for 50 years. ‘Nuff said.

“Hot female companions” definitely isn’t a compelling argument for me. Any well-written, interesting companions?

In what ways is the show smart? Who are the villains and why are they so awesome?

Ever heard of The Legend of Korra? It’s a great show thats the sequel to The Last Airbender. This series is fantastic with some great writing. The Legend of Korra (LoK) quality has significantly increased in season 3&4. It’s the only show that has aged with its fans. The show getting more mature since the beginning of The Last Airbender.

yeah but its that the show has been join for so long I don’t know where to jump in and if/when i do how much backstory and information will i miss because the show has been on for so long

To start watching the show I’d recommend at the start of the reboot that starts where the old show left off.

As to why it is awesome, It’s a comedy that often gets serious and yes nick there are well written companions one of the Doctors companions have a huge story that may or may not continue can’t say more without spoiling the awesome.

It has time travel.

The beginning of the reboot with the 9th Doctor starts of slow but gets better way better and yes you should watch the slow beginning it’s got story of great importance. I don’t know if bad special affects bother you guys but it starts out with kinda bad special affects again it gets better.

Doctor Who is about The Doctor, Humans, and The Doctors Companions, AND THE UNIVERSE.

The Doctor is wacky and funny but the story goes all over the place, It’s not just comedy it’s sad, happy, serious, exciting, ect. But really I think I would describe it as an adventure an adventure through space and time!

The longer you watch the more you love it.

I hope I’ve convinced you to at least look into the show.

yeah I’ll at least look into it and see whats there.

If you have netflix then start from season 1 from there, its the start of the reboot

And FudgePieProphet explained it quite good.

Fairy Tail! I love Fairy Tail, even though it’s not live action. It’s just really well written and will always make you feel good. Or feel something. I haven’t known many shows that can constantly bring out my emotions. I’ve cried for Fairy Tail, laughed until I was on the floor and been so incredibly angry at antagonists. Fairy Tail is just so beautiful, and it also breaks away from a lot of other anime and shows in general in that there’s less death and more reconciliation and development of character.
Plus the music is beautiful and it’s always really funny. And there’s Happy! http://media.giphy.com/media/HPSEjaMxaEle8/giphy.gif