Field of Fire Game Build

Hey Guys sry for being late to the party but i brought my skills of python coding and creativity in plot,story,characters& weapons. I 'm really glad this game is coming to reality love this series cant wait tosee it end.
You can contact me at my email siastriker@live.com
Hope I Can Help

WE MUST BUILD I WOULD PAY £50 EASY FOR THAT GAME

It’s that price but you pay every time you want it updated. My brother has a game studio but he wouldn’t help unfortunately as he’s making his own game at the moment. Just thought I’d let you know. :smile:

I can also help with creativity side but without single player I don’t see the use in that.

i would be happy to help i have some great ideas cant really code but can do research into the videos to find the small things so you can program them would do it all for free all i want is the game for free at the end

i feel people should be let to beta test it to i for one would be a good ester for it who else thinks the same

i want in i can do some things i would love to beta for you guys to

tell me wat i am needed to do i want to play thats all i want in the end

Hey guys, I am actually a developer on the side, and I decided to release my test build tonight. Check it out; Field of Fire Rev 1.

just a brief update: the construction of the maps are on there way and we still really need coders for weapons, health, etc…

I saw all 350 messages. Your project is cool and i hope you will start alpha.
You must complete this game.
It will be epic! I really like your hard work!
Thank You!

If only this was written using LUA, it’s the only thing I’m fluent in.

Hello there everyone, Outofspace here

I was just wanting to let everyone know that the project is dead. We as a group have decided to not continue on with this project as it was too difficult for first time video game developers.
I was very happy to see so many people want to be a part of this amazing project.
It was fun while it lasted.
-The FoF Development Team

It might be an option in the future when VR is available

damn. (this has to be at least 20 chars.)

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

This is truly a sad day

‘Goodbye everybody’ (20 characters)

For those involved in the project who have a real interest in pursuing creative industry careers, I’d highly recommend doing a project post-mortem and identify what the problems were. I’d suspect there’s a few big lessons people can take away from it, whether it be need for more structure/leadership, hard deadline mandates, better communication, a more focused project scope, etc.

The worst thing to do is walk away with a “dangit, that failed” attitude. There’s a goldmine of valuable experience and career skill-building you can do based on considering what did and didn’t work.

(I’m sure everyone at RJ has gone through similar projects earlier on in their careers/lives. I did some artwork for a 2D game back when I was about ten, and boy that thing never got finished.)

Hi Kevin (and whoever else who’s listening). I (was) lead programmer for a short time on the project. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the reason it failed (I’ve got quite a lot of experience at this point – I’m the lead GUI developer for the Dolphin emulator, and one of the core devs of the Haiku operating system), but I do think I know why it failed.

The worst thing to do is walk away with a "dangit, that failed"
attitude. There’s a goldmine of valuable experience and career
skill-building you can do based on considering what did and didn’t work.

A thousand times this. A thousand times this.

I’d suspect there’s a few big lessons people can take away from it, whether it be
need for more structure/leadership, hard deadline mandates, better
communication, a more focused project scope, etc.

Communication we were pretty solid on (Skype is pretty primitive for project development, but hey, it works). Hard deadlines we never had, but then again, not many people do in the open-source software world. The scope was pretty okay too.

The issues as I see them are/were:

• a severe lack of leadership. The people on top (you know who you are) didn’t have much experience (not necessarily a bad thing, there’s a first time for everybody), but they were very hesitant to use their powers of authority in any way, e.g. they didn’t want to set a defined thing to work on and so pretty much everyone was off doing their own thing. We all knew what we wanted in the end, but we were all walking on different paths to get there. Which obviously was not going to work.
  • lack of interoperation. We had people who were artists, musicians, designers, level creators, programmers (well, just me really) but we got stuck on how to integrate each other’s work. Admittedly this was not such a big problem, but in my view that’s just because we never got past pre-production really. But the issues about file formats, level sizing, etc. were there for sure.
  • lack of control. This really is just “lack of leadership” in a different light, but it’s “the straw that broke the camel’s back”. About a month or two ago, someone new joined who quickly went from “useful contributor” to “troll”. He might’ve just been naive or immature as opposed to intentional trolling, but he quickly dominated conversations and began shouting at anyone who didn’t agree with his practices (and since I was around most of the time, that turned out to be me.) He didn’t use the f-word or otherwise explicitly curse at anyone, but he would send ~5 messages for every 1 message sent by anyone else, mocked others for their ideas, and made himself generally disagreeable and made it impossible to carry on a real conversation. I wasn’t about to waste my time dealing with this, so I simply left the group and requested that if/when he left or was kicked out, that I be re-added. I received no reply from the admins about this, but one of the leaders told me that he “was contributing to the project” and as such was not going to be removed.

While I don’t know what happened in the past 3 months or so since I quit because of the troll, I have a hard time imagining these problems got solved, though.