Introduce Yourself!

Watched Season 1-3 in 3 days. Cried every single day. Struggling to transition into adulthood. VGHS really hit me hard. I was experiencing a bit of emotional turbulence beforehand, and then crashed.

Instant VGHS fan. 6 years late though. :sob: Happy to be a part of this community. Just wish I could’ve been a member from the start. I want to thank everyone that had a hand in bringing VGHS to life. Wish I could’ve expressed my appreciation sooner. Frustrated that I missed out on so many neat things throughout the past 6 years, from the crowdfunding campaigns, to live streams.

I’d be happy to chat with fellow VGHS fans and learn more about what has happened over the course of the last 6 years, and I would also be willing to be part of any fan projects. When I’m really passionate about something I like helping out however I can. You can find me on Twitter, Reddit, etc: @Agentdave7

I plan to post here, and on Reddit, about how VGHS affected me. I’m hoping that by sharing it will help me deal with the wave of overwhelming feelings. Helping someone else cope would be a bonus.

Also, I’m on the hunt for VGHS merchandise, not currently available in the RocketJump store.

• David, 20

I couldn’t find this topic you posted earlier. Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Welcome to the forum David!
I hope you’ll have a great time here with us.
You’re in luck if you lived vghs because the rocketjump guys are working on super detailed commentaries. And the universe certainly isn’t dead as they’re working on an animated series called “VGHS; knights of the realm”.
For now things are pretty quiet, but do have a snoop around on the forum and ask us any questions you have.
And remember
#it’s all about the game.

Yup! You may have missed the original show’s release hype and events, but you’ve got a whole new era of brand new VGHS related projects to look forward to as Jasper described! Plus we’re all happy to talk about anything in the VGHS and RocketJump world you enjoy. Have a dig through #stuff-we-make:video-game-high-school and some of the other stuff that goes on here and see if you find anything that interests you. We look forward to seeing you around.

I appreciate the warm welcome.

It seems rather quite atm. I bet things were a lot more active years ago.

Trying not to “beat myself up” for being so late, because there’s nothing I can do about it. Being this late just kinda sucks.

Yes things have quieted down a little, probably since rocketjump’s productions have moved away from YouTube which has produced less new influx to the forum. It’s been focused mostly on the film school but with that on indefinite hiatus there just isn’t that much going on right now.
The love is still here though and lucky for you (and everyone) the main thing, the show, is still there for us all to enjoy. In fact most of the things you haven’t missed, they’re online. Just the time bound stuff such as crowdfunding, but that’s nothing to be sad about. You can always support new projects you love and help the world have things like vghs.

And hey you’ll be here for all the hype of vghs; knights of the realm!

Hy am Director Tune. Am working on a short horror /action fillm. I need some tips nd tricks to do it on a low budget

Hello and welcome @Sylvester! I hope you find some help on the RJ Film School YouTube channel and on some of the existing threads in #rocketjump-film-school. Of course, if you have any other specific questions that have not already been asked, feel free to add your own. There’s plenty of wisdom and experience around. So good luck with your project, and enjoy your time here! :grin:

Hi guys I’m ash at ashtalksadvice a YouTube channel which offers every day people life and career advice.
I like guinea pigs and hard rock which makes an amazing combination btw

Welcome to the forum ash. Have a good time here :grin:

Welcome!
Son’t hesitate to share the link to your channel (and a link to a video of a guinea pig dancing on hard rock if you got one)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs3B4n3JnZraoumLAGESLCQ Link to my Channel
Awood1342 @ Instagram for videos of my guinea pigs exploring <3 All Critisim All feedback Apreciated! Go take a look! Thanks for the warm welcome guys <3

Hi everybody! I am new to the school, and look forward to learning, and sharing. I found my way here because of the RJFS YouTube site. I watched one of the videos, and found it insightful, and funny.

A short bio. I was born in NYC. My father worked for NOAA when it was first created by the EPA. We went to D.C., and then Ann Arbor, Michigan. My parents split up, and then my Dad got a job teaching at Texas A&M. After alienating everyone on campus, he got a job at The University of Colorado at Boulder. In Boulder, I went to high school, and then CU, completing their Film Studies B.A. program in 1997. I met my wife, we got married, and moved to her hometown of Dallas Texas, in the hopes of finding better jobs. After 10 years, we had exhausted our options, and decided to move to Boston, because of my ailing father.

Within a year, I found a satellite school of Boston University called The Center for Digital Imaging Arts. I completed their Digital Filmmaking program, and have been writing screenplays for the past 5 years. I also teach a screenwriting program for beginning writers, and actors called “The 6-4-2 Method”. We shot our first short film in August, and it is being edited as I write this.

So that’s a little about me. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum Chapras!
It’s always nice to see some fresh blood here, (or in the thread on fake blood recipes)

I hope there’s new stuff for you to learn from the school and from the rest of us and vice versa that we may learn from you.
Here’s a thread you might want to check out as a screenwriter:

Have a good time

Hey, welcome to the forums!
Don’t hesitate to post your short film when it’s finished, we have some sections dedicated to sharing and feedback.

Welcome ash. Glad to have u here

Hello everyone!

I’m very new to the forums, though I’ve followed RocketJump from since early 2014.

Film is not my trade oddly enough, though I’m very much drawn to it. I’ve wanted to get into film-making from a very early age, and I did some stop-motion stuff when I was very young, but I stopped before I got very far with it. Like many young children, I was inspired by Starwars and many sci-fi genres that emphasized props and intricate world building. I loved making models and dioramas.

It’s taken quite a bit of a hiatus since I started college and I’m close to graduating now, but I feel I’ve lost something and I’d like to pick it back up. I’m in engineering school, studying Mechanical Engineering, and the curriculum is dry. Drier than the driest vacuum in deep space.

So, in my free-time, I’d like to make some films. I’d like to inspire my fellow students to think about their education in different terms. I’ve started a Makerspace on campus, and we have quite a variety of equipment and capabilities to rapidly prototype almost anything. I think we have quite a lot of the hardware to make some fantastic visual set-pieces if we just had some people with creative vision and inspiration.

That leads me here. I need ideas, inspiration, and creative vision for how to get started on a project. Involve people, and really get down to the bare bones of how to make a film into something people get attached to and talk about.

As a technically minded person, I surround myself with details and often lose the big picture. Film is the big picture. I want to learn how to make that picture pop.

I remember a video Freddy made once where he said to go and make something, it didn’t matter what kind of filming hardware you had, just make something. Anything. Learn the trade of film-making.

That’s what I want to do. Learn how to make something out of anything.

Welcome to the forum Wedge!
Freddy is right, the most important thing is to just get started. Making something is the best way to learn how to make it.
That being said it’s absolutely worthwhile checking out the rocketjump film school.

The first thing you need is an idea, so get inspired, anything can be made into a short film.

Make sure to post anything you make in the #rocketjump-film-school:critique-me category and we’ll do our best to give you feedback.
If you ever need a voice over/narrator feel free to ask me for help.

Have fun here and good shooting

Hey everyone, my name is Brady, I am a film student at Temple University looking to get more inspiration and work done on projects. I am glad to be a part of all this.

Welcome, @BradChambers2019. You on winter break from Temple University? Happy holidays. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.