Show suggestions?

I’m in the show hole and I need a new show to watch. I like shows like TWD, The Fosters, Grey’s Anatomy, American Horror Story, Lost (all time favorite), Once Upon a Time, Narcos, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, Daredevil, and others. Also, if anybody knows the release dates of the next seasons of any of the shows I mentioned on Netflix, please do mention them.

You might like the show Quanitco! Here’s a synopsis:

This drama from executive producers Josh Safran and Mark Gordon explores the lives of young FBI recruits who have come to the Quantico base in Virginia for 21 weeks of training to become special agents. The recruits have been thoroughly vetted and are considered the best and the brightest – but each one possesses secrets, including hidden reasons for enlisting. One recruit is harboring the biggest secret of all, and ends up being suspected of masterminding the biggest and most deadly attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.

Googled it because I’m a lazy bum, but check it out! It may have a familiar face to you. Johanna Braddy from VGHS! :smile:

Ahhh Stranger Things! Second season is coming sometime in 2017, but I’m sure you knew that! :laughing:

Have you seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Buffy is awesome. And if you like that, X-Files is also very, very awesome.

I’m a surprising fan of Elementary w/ Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Was rolling my eyes hard at the notion of another Sherlock show, but they’ve done a nice job differentiating it imho.

Oh, and obviously if you haven’t seen older classics like The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc. holy crap go watch those.

Ooh sounds interesting. I’ll probably watch the first episode or so tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. And btw, VGHS was one of my favorite shows too. I want to learn how to do the derez effect, but for cheaper because I looked up all the plugins and editing software used in it, but it’s super expensive. But I didn’t know that they were coming out with a second season of Stranger Things. That’s going to be amazing. The last episode when he went to the bathroom kinda left me confused because I didn’t know if they’d make a second season. I could see them either ending it there, or making a second season. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I’ve heard great things about Buffy, but I’m not that into vampires. I’ll test it out though.

I’ve heard of Elementary, but never thought of watching it. I’ll check it out though. And I’ve seen a couple episodes of Breaking Bad, but couldn’t quite get into it. I haven’t heard of The Wire though. I’ll check that one out as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

Funny thing about that, THERE’S AN RJFS TUTORIAL FOR IT!

Fellow forum user @ScreenSiege also did his own tutorial!

Buffy is great, but it starts out SUUUPER campy and then just gets better and gains depth over the course of 7 seasons. If you don’t like it right away, don’t despair. If you like other stuff Joss Whedon has done (e.g., Firefly, Dollhouse, Avengers, Cabin in the Woods, Doctor Horrible, etc.) I really recommend sticking with it for a while (at least until Season 4).

I dunno…maybe you can just jump in to a later season? @Lauren what do you think?

Guys, THE GET DOWN is SO. FREAKING. GOOD! So good. Really excellent writing and character work. It’s wonderfully efficient with the show’s whole chemistry and it’s on Netflix :smile:

Why has nobody mentioned House MD yet? That show is great and the team really pushes what they can accomplish every episode. There’s 8 seasons of Royal sarcasm and brilliance for you right there.
I personally also really like “the mentalist” and am not averse (as a lot of people are) to the Sherlock Holmes show “elementary” @Daniel mentioned.

Alright thanks. I’ll check them out. and Quantico is amazing btw thanks for the recommendation.

So some of my favorite shows some mentioned already others not. check if you want!
1.Firefly - sci fi western
2.Buffy the Vampire Slayer - scooby gang
3.Dark Matter - memory loss of crew
4.Scream Queens - comedic horror (great writing)
5.Con Man - based off real events from Alan Tudyk, as he goes to Conventions (scripted)
6.Vikings - well…vikings
7.Brooklyn nine-nine - comedy cop show
8.Mr.Robot - hacker drama
9.Superstore - ever work retail? really fun !
10.Rick & Morty - if you like smart animated shows. Don’t think about it, just watch it!

I can tell y’all it’s a silly sort of comedy, which is good!

This. Watch this show. How could I forget.

There’s this show about a ragtag crew of misfits on a spaceship that I rather enjoyed. They’re bank robbers, train hiesters, smugglers, and even do a job or two on the up&up. You have a preacher man, a mercenary, a mechanic that’s so sweet you’ll be diabetic by the end of the only season, and a girl that an kill you with her brain. It may not sound like much if you look at it piece meal like, but when you put it altogether then you’ve got yourself a “Firefly”.

I actually usually leave Rick and Morty off my list because I usually assume every is already watching it

You’d think so but it’s shockingly unknown.

In case anybody needs any reason to watch Rick and Morty (there’s swearing and sh*t):