Your Favorite Movies!

Yes, I love horror movies! But over the years I have started to lose hope in the genre. When ‘It Follows’ came along, it restored my hope and filled me with joy. PLUS, I love seeing smaller indy stuff w/ small budgets blow up and reach millions of people. It’s just cool!

Toooooooooootally agree. Great movie. I’ve probably seen it 8 times

Yeah! I really loved that the found footage style actually fit the story, and how Andrew used his powers to manipulate it. It’s also a really dark look at child abuse and how power corrupts the vengeful… “You did it, Andrew.”

I agree about independent movies blowing up. Love it when that happens. I recently saw Short Term 12 and loved it, and it was so great to read about how the story was based on the director’s actual work experience, and how the movie ended up taking off after being the talk of Sundance and SXSW.

Maybe favorite independent movies should be another thread? :smiley:

Okay I’ve seen more movies and my list needs an update so here it is:
1.Stand by me
2.Super 8
3.Evil Dead (franchise)
4.They Live
5.Napoleon Dynamite
6.Stephen King’s IT
7.Pet Semetary
8.Silver Bullet
9.Darkman
10.Frankenstein (1931)

Ok so I haven’t seen everything and I have a pretty big watch list which includes Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing, Halloween, Escape From New York (I know so much John Carpenter) Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained, and Cloverfeild which I’m sure at least one of these will replace something 5 and down on my list pretty soon.

1-10. Speed Racer (2008)

I’m only slightly kidding - it is the only movie that can consistently making me tear up/jump up and down out of my seat with excitement.

Guys “the last starfighter” is perfect. Just sayin’

THE REVENANT. A CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE. From cinematography to the acting… it’s just incredible.

I’ll add it to my list then

Hancock
Men In Black(Trilogy)
Scott Pilgrim VS. the World
Almost Heroes
Napoleon Dynamite
Youth in Revolt
The Passion
Wolf Children
Howl’s Moving Castle
Paranormal
(Movie Series)

This is my no effort list (I’ll probably edit later being it’s 3:00am CST ATM) I usually consider myself a man who appreciates a well executed romance/comedy over stereotypical action movie but knows a good one or classic when I see it.

I have a love hate relationship with Scott Pilgrim vs the world. It’s a great movie up until the end and then the end pissed me off so much. And then to make it worse I found out the original ending they shot was how I (and a lot of other people) felt the story should have ended and then they decided just not to use it!

I didn’t know they shot another ending :open_mouth: but I read the graphic novel and played the game they all have alternate endings. I agree though the ending was not desirable :frowning:

Look up the alternate ending I think you’ll like it

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Alternate Ending (DVD/Blu Ray Extra){youtube[dot]com}
I’m guessing this was it and YISSS this totally should have been the ending. It just ends things so much better and makes it feels like the total end, but it was well done enough to make you feel content with a great movie coming to a close. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this @Sean_F !
:thumbsup:

Speed Racer.

Speed racer again to get to 20 characters.

Seconded

Speed Racer never gets enough credit

In the interest of reviving this thread for the influx of new recruits and for the simple fact that I have not chosen a top ten, here goes nothing.

1. Pulp Fiction (1994)

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

3. 8 1/2 (1963)

4. Easy Rider (1969)

5. Taxi Driver (1976)

6. Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

7. Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)

8. A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

9. Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) OR The Big Lebowski (1998)

10. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1973)

Memories of Murder. Surprisingly better than Zodiac, which was also really good.

Just watched the original Ghost Busters came across it on amazon and couldn’t help myself :smile: Plan on watching a B movie though any suggestions? I usually get them from, http://publicdomaintorrents.info/
in case anyone wanted to sift around for a B movie themself (also yes it is legal to download them from this site cause the movies/shows are public domain meaning the copyright is expired and can’t be restored)

These are 100% not chosen because they’re good (not saying they aren’t). They were chosen because in the moment they blew my mind (or heart, or whatever). In no particular order:

• The Matrix
  • Schindler’s List
  • LotR: Return of the King
  • Seven Samurai
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Ratatouille
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • Singin’ in the Rain
  • Speed Racer
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back