Your top five games

1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for its aamazing storyline
  2. Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask also for its amazing and fun storyline
  3. CSGO for it fun, crazy and fast pace game style. Now that i think of it, its kind of like Field of Fire hahaha.
  4. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for its Amazing storyline and its fast pace and energetic multiplayer.
  5. All of the Halo’s… well because they are just so amazing.!!!
    what are yours @Nick

Already posted them man! :slight_smile: Your top five games

Oh man this is tough, so many good ones…
Bear in mind I am a PC gamer through and through and it was only recently I picked up an Xbox One for the MCC.

So, in no particular order, here is my list:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
I know what you’re thinking… and so am I, best game of the century. duh.
No but for real, when this game came out I moved from the Cod 2 competitive scene right in to this, and I still play it. If I had a first response, go-to game this would be it. Simply put I have the most cumulative hours in this (nearing 3500). So besides the shear amount of play-time I selected this game because, in both campaign and online, it was so ground breaking that it paved the way for so many other shooters that we have today. However, with that being said, I don’t care for the newer iterations of Call of Duty multiplayer and having spent so many hours in the 1, 2, and 4 you can say I have a little trouble moving on.

Portal and Half-Life
This includes both of the games because they take place in the same universe. I don’t think I have to say much here. The portal games were the only puzzle game that I didn’t throw out of a window and the Half-Life games were just so fun and innovative I had trouble putting them to bed. Portal 2 was witty and the concept as a whole dared to dream big, and because of that it was huge. Also if you have not seen it, Freeman’s Mind by chilledsanity it is just another reason to love these games. Also, Half-Life 3 confirmed.

The Halo Saga
This is one of those franchises that I just need to list even if I have only played Combat Evolved’s campaign. I am looking forward to the MCC very much and I expect that I will be completely consumed by the story and universe. (I already started reading the books!) I have fond memories of playing local games of halo 2 and 3 against friends growing up and I think the future will be no different. This series has been my Unicorn in a sense. I am extremely interested in it, but I never got around to it. Well, friends that ends soon… Let’s see if I spent all my money on hopes and dreams. Stoked for MCC, Nightfall, and Guardians.

Oblivion and Skyrim
Just for the hundreds of hours I have in them mostly. Plus mods.

Man I’m gonna have to stop with just these, I have way too many to list and simply putting it up because ‘I like this’ is not a good reason. hah

1. Skyrim.
    The pure immersive pleasure of this game…wow that sounded weird. Anyway, Skyrim was the first of the Elder Scrolls games that I played and I was immediately sucked into the environment. The graphics, the gameplay, everything about it was stunning. Even more so when I bought it for $4.75 on a Steam Sale and was able to play with mods.

2. The Metro Series:
    I’ve read the Metro literature and I really enjoyed it, so when they released a video game I was star-struck. The gunplay was solid, the stealth was pretty good, the story was complex without being overburdening, and the graphics (especially for Last Light) were unparalleled at the time. An all around winner.

3. The Total War series.
    I’ve been playing Total War since the original Rome back in 2004. I still play Medieval 2 Total War (2006) more than any other game in the series. The modding community is amazing, with mods like Third Age Total War bringing Tolkien’s world into the mix. I tried games like Civ, but the tactical combat from Total War always had me coming back. To this day, I have never finished a campaign in Medieval 2 because I always end up digging into the files, doing some more modding, some more trial and error, and starting fresh. Frankly, as a student of medieval and ancient history, it’s addicting. The only other strategy game that stole my attention was the recently released Endless Legend.

4. The Red Orchestra Series:
    Another game that appealed to my inner historian. Some of the best gunplay I’ve ever experienced, great team combat, and a very unforgiving battlefield. It’s a niche game for many people, but I like it all the same.

5. Medal of Honor: Frontline
    I played this back when I was 10. I think. Great memories with the story, the action packed missions, and the incredulous ability to carry 20-odd weapons in my pack, including a bazooka and a panzerfaust at the same time.

1. Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis (GBA) amazing tactics game in Ogre Battle Saga always go back to play it every once in awhile

2. DBZ Legend of the Super Saiyan (SNES) RPG type game for DragonballZ where you level up multiple Characters from the show. Fighting system is a card game but still pretty awesome.

3. Pokemon Yellow (GBC) obviously you gotta have a Pokemon game on here…

4. Yugioh Reshef of Destruction (GBA) best one outta the Yugioh games but now that we have a Dueling network…

5. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2) Best one ive played biggest roster outta any DBZ game.

I’d have to say my top 5 favourites are.

1. Assassins Creed
    I love the story, the hirtory it brings into it, the the aspect that they bring the the Illuminati, or in other worlds as originally were and are called in the game, Templars.
  2. Dota 2
    The RPG and MMO aspects are great, love the game and the characters, have loved it since I plaeyd it.
  3. Donky Kong Country (Super Nitendo Verson)
    Was one of my first games I ever played as I kid, best game ever, there was Super Mario, but I liked Donkey Kony more cause of its characters and how it played.
  4. Portal 2
    Great story, love portals, love robots, whats not to love?
  5. Call of Duty
    Sadly I love it, but not as much any more. Was my first game I started playing a lot of with friends. But its kinda getting repetitive and boring, so idk, but I chose this one for my last.

Played one of the games in the Tactics Ogre series on the Snes as a young kid and loved it. Loved the story. Loved the customization of armies and the random creatures you could capture to make your army stronger. It also portrayed war really well and had me wondering at times who where the good guys.

Love the total war series. Takes the best elements of games like age of Empires and Civ. and builds on them. Probably the main reason it not on my list is that I have never had the money for a great gaming computer so the battles sometime cause my computer trouble.

They were really good books.
Not only that, but they originated from an internet forum.
Pieble anyone.

YES. I still name RPG characters Lodis to this day because of that game. It and Final Fantasy Tactics are still the best “square-by-square” strategy RPGs to this day. Plus, Lodis sounded cool so I nabbed it.

Not in any order:

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

Incredible game where the world is at your fingertips. You can do anything you want and through skill leveling, gear enchanting, and spell creation, you can become a god in so many different ways. There were almost 10 different story arcs that were actually each satisfying to complete in their own ways. It set a bar that not even Skyrim could hit, in my opinion.

Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

The best sci-fi/space RPG ever made. While you could run through the game and have a good experience, the beauty came from talking to everyone on the ship between each mission and doing their loyalty missions as well. You come to care about each character so much(this experience spans across all three games) and even the universe the game is in. You get so invested in the characters and it all builds up to a climax so you can lose everything in Mass Effect 3.

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Legendary. This changed gaming for me. This was the first successfully done 3D game for me and is still one of the best RPGs ever made. The characters were memorable and the game set the standard of hidden quests, secret bosses, legendary weapons, and so much more. You could play hours and hours outside of the main storyline. It also created the best video game villian of all time. Sephiroth!

Suikoden III (PS2)

This is easily the best RPG ever made that you never heard of. I won’t ruin the story, but you basically play the story multiple times, but only from the perspective of one person. Because of this, you miss big parts of the story. As you see the events from different characters’ views, you come to learn what is actually happening. You even play as the bad guys. It’s a wonderful game.

Illusion of Gaia (SNES)

This was the first well-done RPG I ever played and it is one of the best. The environments were all different and beautiful for their time. Cities were full of characters with their own dialogues. The characters were all great too. It is similar to Lunar: Silver Star Story in graphics and art design (not combat). If you ever download an SNES emulator on your computer, there is no game I would ever recommend more than Illusion of Gaia.

I had this one too growing up; it’s a pretty unusual and unique game in story (following a group of kids across a world that blends fiction and real historic landmarks in a way that shouldn’t, but somehow works) and gameplay mechanics (the child hero can transform into two other characters with different abilities), and it’s got a super-memorable soundtrack. It’s closer to 2D Zelda games than anything else, I guess.

And then there’s that super-tragic moment involving a bonfire. Yeeeeeeeeeeah

You broke it down way deeper than I did. Your description brings me back. I remember the Easter Island heads and the pyramids. Such a good game. I don’t remember the music, but I remember it was awesome. Ah, that bonfire scene…

To eat or not to eat.

Yeah love the recruiting part of the game and class advancements

I always name the character what his name is in the story which is Alphonse

gonna check out shining force if its anything like final fantasy tactics I should love it

First post here on the Community, might as well make it about video games…

1. Legend of Zelda Windwaker [Gamecube]: Used to play this classic LOZ title at my friends house all the time before I had any consoles. When I got a Gamecube I finally got the chance to play through the full game, and what a nostalgia blast it was. The art style, the music and the vast environment were all perfect in my opinion.

2. Super Smash Bros Melee [Gamecube]: Another game I used to play at a friends house before I had any consoles, this title was truly fun-filled. It introduced me to the smash series and I still play today. Good times.

3. Minecraft [PC]: While it’s not a game I enjoy playing by myself, the multiplayer experience is truly a fun filled one. From exploring, creating, fighting and just messing around, this modern classic is one that I’ve spent many an hour playing with friends.

4. Nintendoland [WiiU]: While I don’t own a WiiU, playing this game with a group of friends is a really fun time. MarioChase and SweetDay in particular make for some intense and competitive games. Sure the WiiU lacks in single player titles at the moment, but it makes up for it with incredibly fun multiplayer.

5. Team Fortress 2 [PC]: Something about playing tf2 with a few friends is just fun. The ridiculous battles and situations are great. Haven’t played in a while.

Halo 4 it is the latest and my favorite, I have and love all the halo games even Halo Wars the RTS and every once in awhile will play the campaign from Halo 1 to Halo 4. I love the look the gameplay and the story overall of Halo 4 the art and look is so beautiful the first moment you are on Requiem looking at those floating Pillars I always take a moment to look at those.

Saints Row 4 I am not a big open world gamer I am one of the few people that does not like the GTA games. That being said the last two saints row games were awesome and great and really brought me in.

Mass Effect 3 I have literally played this game at least 20 times and I always play all the side and main mission arcs. The gameplay is awesome and once again the story and art style grab me to the point where I am just sitting in awe as I watch the beautiful and powerful cutscenes such as the first one when you escape from earth.

GTA V I know I said I don’t like these games that being said something about the Online play only has really drawn me in. I don’t like and have not played the story to completion but the online play is so much fun especially with a group of friends so on that account this is one of my favorite games.

Minecraft PC or Xbox it doesn’t matter this game is fun when you sit down and put your mind to building or achieving something. I prefer to play with lots of players personally but I have done solo games myself where I got lost in my little world haha.

Actually never thought about this, but I’ll give it a shot

1. League of legends, I’ve played it for the last couple of years but without any great achievements. No matter how bad I’m in a game or how big of a losing streak I’m in it still keeps me going :smiley:
  2. CS:GO A game that I bought just a few months ago and is awesome to play because of the fast gameplay.
  3. Elder scrolls V: Skyrim, many different reasons for this one :smiley: Huge open world, many questlines, races, classes in my opinion the best RPG
  4. Minecraft/Starbound/Terraria these should be here just because of my friends, in my opinion those games would be nothing if they would only be available in single player.
  5. Need for speed Underground II a classic I really enjoyed when I was a kid, IMO no driving game can now compete with this one comparing to how good it was at that time.